In the past week, the blogosphere had been abuzz with blog postings and conversations about 2 new websites, namely DealDotCom and BlogRush. Let me use this “week in review” post to load you with more hype and hoopla of these 2 programs.
- Nearly every blogs I visited this past week have at least a post on BlogRush and the widget that claimed to be “fastest and easiest way to drive a flood of targeted traffic…“. This system is so new that misconceptions abound and Andy Beard saw fit to offer a few tips and also clear up some misconceptions about BlogRush.
- With every new system, there are bound to be some black sheep who try to exploit and game the system to gain unfair advantages. The Black Hat Domainer had posted the Ultimate BlogRush Exploit Guide where you can turn it into a great Black Hat tool by faking referral (creating multiple accounts), faking traffic (impressions) and creating fake post titles in fake RSS channel.
- InternetBabel had thought out a very obvious way you could exploit BlogRush by faking impression and earn syndication credits by simply using the Firefox refresher extension. All you need to do is open multiple tabs with your blog open and enable the tool to refresh every 5 seconds. You could literally get thousands of impressions in no time. If you do that, be prepared to get ban by BlogRush. Game to be the first to get ban?
- The BlogRush team had detected many such black hat “SEO” that are trying to cheat the BlogRush system – from running scripts to auto-load the widget, to other fraudulent methods to earn syndication credits for their account that they do not deserve. These ‘cheaters’ are hurting the overall network and dramatically lowering the click-through rates for our good users. It’s obvious since their “impressions” are not even seen by humans and therefore are not sending any traffic to other users.
- I can’t round up this weekly review without mentioning DealDotCom, it would be a great dis-service to them. DealDotCom went live and opened for business on 18 Sept to explosive reception by the blogging community. Similar to BlogRush, DealDotCom sets the blogosphere abuzz with promises of super-duper-rock-bottom prices deal of Internet Marketing related products as well as lifetime 2-tier affiliate commission. To enjoy these benefits, sign up for your free account here.